With the quickly developing changes in our community in the last few days we wanted to keep you all up to date on what is happening here at Aloha Dog and Cat Hospital. We are currently OPEN and will continue to work with normal hours as long as it is safe for our clients and staff.
The good news for pets is that they do not appear impacted by the Coronavirus nor capable of passing the infection to us. It is a good idea to keep an extra supply of chronic medications and pet food on hand in case you’re unable to leave your home during a quarantine period. The Oregon Veterinary Medical Association is keeping a well updated webpage on Coronavirus in pets as we learn more information, as well as links to other helpful webpage: https://www.oregonvma.org/care-health/zoonotic-diseases/coronavirus-faq
We understand how serious and scary the Coronavirus/COVID outbreak is and wanted to let you know what we are doing to keep you safe and what you can do to help your pets.
1. We have heightened our cleaning regimen and switched to antiviral cleaners for counter surfaces and doorways. We also have hand sanitizer available throughout the clinic.
2. If you would prefer to stay outside or in your car during your pet’s appointment, please call when you pull in to the parking lot and we can arrange for a technician to come out to get them (please have pets in carriers or on a leash, and we will need to also slip one of our leashes on to all dogs) and communicate with you by phone through the appointment and check-out.
3. If there are other accommodations you’d like to request before your appointment, please let our office know by phone or email prior to your appointment.
4. If you are planning a visit but don’t feel well, please call our clinic to reschedule at a later date.
5. If you need prescription pet food and cannot make it to the clinic to pick up, consider using our online food store at https://alohadogandcat.vetsfirstchoice.com/
We hope this all passes quickly and you all stay safe and healthy. We will keep everyone updated if things change here.